Gobble Gobble! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and if the long lines at the Grocery Stores are any indications, there will be many grand feasts prepared for families across the Miami Valley. All that glorious food from Grandma's stuffing, your Auntie's world famous pies and of course the Grand Turkey makes for one crazy kitchen. Dyer, Garofalo, Mann & Schultz wants to remind you of a few Turkey Day Safety Tips to help keep your family full and safe this Holiday weekend!
- Stay in the Kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay at least 3 feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep the floor clear so you don't trip over kids, toys, purses or bags.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of reach of children and up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in a room with a lit candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
From our family to yours, have a safe and memorable holiday weekend with your family. Happy Thanksgiving!